Renters Insurance

8In this economy, it makes sense to rent. If you do, play it safe. Protect the things your landlord won’t cover.

If you rent an apartment, house, condo, or even a dorm room, you may think you don’t need insurance. But in the event that fire, theft, or vandalism damages your property, it’s unlikely that your landlord will pay to replace your belongings.

We know that you’ve most likely invested a lot of time and money into your personal property, and it’s up to you to take care of it. Having a Renters Insurance, or Tenants Insurance, policy can pay for the cost of replacing your belongings if they are damaged due to a covered accident, or if they’re stolen.

Depending on your policy, your insurance will pay to replace items using one of two methods: Actual Cash Value (ACV) or Replacement Cost. With ACV coverage, your belongings are insured only for the amount in which they are currently worth, while Replacement Cost will pay for the expense of replacing the items with brand new ones.

Additional Insurance Options included in your Renters Insurance is “Liability Coverage” to safeguard yourself from injury claims that occur in your home. If someone gets hurt on your property, your insurance can pay the related medical payments and expenses, and provide for the cost of legal support if you are sued.

In the event that a fire or other damage makes your residence uninhabitable and places you in a “loss of use” situation, your Renters Insurance may temporarily reimburse you for the cost of another residence in which to live. Our representatives are committed to working with you to design a policy that ensures you get the options you want at a price you can afford.

As a landlord you’ve made an investment in residential real estate and we are here to help you protect that investment. We can meet your needs for Property Insurance, also known as Landlord Insurance.Landlord Insurance provides rental property owners with protection from financial loss associated with the single family dwelling, duplex, triplex, or condominium that they are renting to tenants.

The Rental Property Insurance policies we offer cover you for damages to your rental property from named perils including fire, lightning, hail, and windstorms. In addition, our Landlord Insurance policies provide coverage for Legal Fees and liability protection for damages that you might be obligated to pay in the event that someone is injured on the property.

There are also coverage options available such as:

  • Loss of Rental Income
  • Theft
  • Personal Property
  • Vandalism

In addition, if you are currently between tenants or your rental property is undergoing renovations, we have Vacant Rental Property Insurance policies available. Contact us for more information at (303) 477-4343